Monday, August 3, 2009

Life is Hard!

...especially when GOOD-BYES are involved. Travis left for Kuwait near the end of June and will be gone 6 months. Now Kuwait is a half a world away...10 hours ahead...far from family and friends. Why does it feel safer when our children are right next to us? So, I release, AGAIN, with reluctancy, as I have learned to do over the years...reminding myself that they are children of God, and they could never be safer than they are in the palm of his hand. And each place they go, I pray that their lives will be a testimony of the God they serve...That God will be glorified in the way they live and work and play...And that God would use this time in their lives to bring them to a closer walk with Him!

...GOD IS GOOD!
He goes with His children wherever they go...
be it Kuwait or Idaho!

Stowaway captured!

Checked in...and waiting.



Jordan finds a corner chair to kick back in.

Saying good-bye to Grandpa and Grandma.







Go with God! by Carolyn Arends

So now go with the wind at your back
And the sun on your face
With a song in your heart
And the promise of grace
Go in peace and in truth
And let love lead your way
Go with God
Go with God



3 comments:

Mainely Me said...

Tearing up.....
A beautiful testimony of the faithfulness of God to each generation.

Petrie said...

God will be close to Travis's side, and I pray that Travis will stay close to God. Keeping your family in prayer during this difficult time.
Love,
Petrie M.

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Peace be with you all. Goodbyes are so hard. Beth, you're an example to us younger moms. These children are the Lord's.

I got to chat with Travis a bit last week via the internet.That was fun. :)