Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sunday Night Sushi and the Singles

Sunday night we had a BBQ/Game night for the College/Singles in our church. Ernest...being American/Taiwanese...brought Sushi...one kind made with fresh raw tuna. Well, Sushi is new to some of us, so it turned into a little "Fear Factor" style cheering each other on to try this new thing. Lindsey (not a fish-lover) had the hardest time. I think she looked at it too long. It finally went down...washed by iced tea...and from my motherly intuition...almost came back up!




Sophie even ate it...after she unwrapped it! Didn't care for the seaweed.
Sarah and Thomas finish their sushi.

Oh Balderdash!

4 comments:

Mainely Me said...

I'm with Lindsay on the sushi. I finally tried it after much encouragement from the kids. It went in and promptly came right back out. It had those little fish roe things in it and they are the essence of what I don't like about fish! I'll just sick to canned albacore and fresh fried haddock for my fish experience, thanks. Looks like good times, though!

JPB said...

I honestly don't know how anyone could not like sushi! My kids beg for it! (OK, not Dietrich, who takes after his mother, but everyone else.)

Paul & Beth said...

I think it wouldn't be so hard, except for the seaweed around it is soooo chewy!

Beth

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Mmmmm...Sushi. I LOVE it!