Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Waiting days...............

From the time we responded, saying yes to the referral August 17th, the waiting time for a RA(Referral Acceptance, which you recieve from China after they have reviewed your dossier) was said to be 4-6 months. Then, 6-8 weeks later to travel. Over the last 3 months, it has become increasingly harder...I haven't really worried about her being cared for, but I sort of feel a sense of loss at missing any more of her first couple years!

So....over the last 3 months, Sophie has reminded us with regularity to pray for AJ to be our Christmas present. At times, she has said, "I just can't wait, I want AJ to be here soon!" "Let's pray and ask God!". How many times we stopped what we were doing to pray...I cannot count! The faith of a child...oh how I need more of that. The older I am, I tend to let life's realities, temper my praying...I prayed with Sophie, but I have to admit I was Not expecting a positive answer. Oh, I know "with God all things are possible", but I began to lose heart.

And so...the Lord keeps teaching me! And in turn, I need to teach Sophie!

1 Thessalonians 5:176-18
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Mark 11:24
Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Pray expectantly!)

Luke 18:1
And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.

Still learning........! Thank you, Lord for your patience...that your word is active and alive, to teach us all things!

1 comment:

Mainely Me said...

Amen and amen. I'm so excited WITH you, and tears are blurring my view of the screen as I rejoice in the God who loves us so and is so very patient with us. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. (Even the ones that are ours as we wait impatiently for Him to send more!)