Thursday, April 1, 2010

HE GAVE!

John 3:16......He GAVE His only Son...

Romans 8:32....GAVE him up for us all....

Galatians 1:4 ....GAVE himself for our sins...

Ephesians 5:2 Christ loved us and GAVE himself....

1 Timothy 2:6 GAVE himself as a ransom for all...




And my favorites for reflection... Isaiah 53 is a beautiful heart wrenching look at His sacrifice on our behalf!

vs 6: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned EVERY ONE to his own way: and the LORD HAS LAID ON HIM THE INIQUITY FOR US ALL.
vs 10: Yet it was the WILL OF THE FATHER to crush him...

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I LAY IT DOWN OF MY OWN ACCORD. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again.

1 John 3:16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

Our need: Sacrifice
His Gift: Sacrifice
Our Response: Sacrifice

1 comment:

Mainely Me said...

Amen. Too well said for comment.