Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 4 Monday - Work Day!

Monday, March 28
Since I am a day behind, I will make this short and sweet. 
IT WAS A WORK DAY AT THE CHURCH!
Sinking screws, linoleum, trim installed, varathaning!
There was a hearty crew of people throughout the day. 
Some regular occurrences:
·       Chai time with pastries.  Most of their pastries are filled with a fruit filling or chocolate!
·       Pickled tomatoes at meals!
Lindsey and I did make a run to the store.  But RUN, we did not!  It was probably a couple miles to the store.  The wind blows bitterly down the dusty street and you really understand why they wear the long coats and hats.  Many coats and hats have the fur trim.  I am thinking most is rabbit fur. We did not buy a whole lot, since we had to carry it all back, but we got a little fruit, some cereal for breakfast, ( I couldn’t find Cap’t Crunch anywhere!)  We got something equivalent to frosted flakes, but unlike the ones in America, these flakes stand up to milk, and take a long time to soften up!  We stopped at the bakery for some fresh pastries for Chai time. 
Evening brought more meeting and discussion for Dan, and babysitting for us. 
End of Day 3! 

No comments: