Friday, June 17, 2011

On to Italy! April 1st

So, I begin this post with our last picture of the Ukraine.  I have to admit to a certain amount of a heart undone.  To leave a country where much of life is back-to-the-basics!  and fly to one, where fashion is everything! seemed .....hmmm...oxymoronic? 
I know I am making generalizations.  You can find affluence and fashion in the Ukraine, as well as  simplified lifestyles in Italy.  And the heart of man is the same, no matter where you live. 

I guess what I take away from this is an awareness of the blessings we enjoy, living in America! The luxuries we have and conveniences we take for granted in our every-day-lives.  It reminds me to be thankful and to be content, whatever circumstances God places us in! and to 
"Look, not only to my own interests, but also to the interests of others."  Phillipians 2:4  
That being said....on to ITALY!
Such an early start to our morning....
a nap was in order! 
Germany was beautiful.  I wanted to explore these little villages with red roofs! 
Italy's Coastline 
'Nuf said previously about the airline strike and being stuck an extra 4 hours in the airport, filing paperwork for our unloaded luggage, but this is how Jordan spent some of the wait time.
First view of the Coliseum
Our room, with a view.  It had huge windows that opened wide and provided the perfect place to perch with a cup of coffee!  

No comments: