Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Air Show

We braved the crowd of thousands, the thunderstorm clouds with intermittent rain, the blowing wind and dirt! All to see the multitude of awesome planes fly. The main event was the Thunderbirds, which was the last performance, but I have to say my favorite (Beth) was the C-17. This big cargo plane took off and landed in incredibly short distances.
Travis and Sophie...Travis was on duty...guardng a gate. No one could pass without a military ID...but boy did they try!
C-17 landing
C-17 take-off
The old and the new flying side by side....each superior in their day!
Paul and his brother, Joel
Sophie and Brenna...sharing a DRY pretzel
Sophie helps Dominic get his ear plugs in...she know how to do everything and is always willing to help!
See! I did it!
Thunderbirds in tight formation
Yikes! The upside-down pilot is a woman...you go girl!
Pealing off
Crossing...coming from 4 different directions (hold breath) Whew!

3 comments:

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

You got some great shots of the planes Beth. I have to admit, I was most impressed by the C-17 taking off. I can't believe a plane that big can take off in such a short distance.

That was such fun!

Paul & Beth said...

Janine,

Surprisingly, I was able to zoom in! The original picture isn't very impressive from farther away! =)

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Aha! Perhaps I'll have to try that with some of my shots. They look so great!