Friday, January 16, 2009

12 January, Changing cities... no major Food Happenings

Jan 12

Breakfast- We left for Chengdu early in the morning, so we only got croissants and tea. Once we got on the plane they served us a meal of a nasty soggy chicken sandwich, conge, a tangerine, and some orange juice.
Meal rating
Food: 2
Service: 5
Overall: Tasted gross but there was nothing else

Lunch- Since we are on our own in Chengdu we have to go find food for ourselves, I have the opportunity to see what Chinese made American food taste like. For lunch my dad and I walked down the street and through the doors of a crowded KFC. After a strenuous time ordering we finally got the fried chicken sandwich, fries, and Coke that we came for. I was fully prepared to go back to the cook and show him the proper way to bread and deep fry KFC, but at least the fries tasted normal.
Meal rating
Food: 4
Service: 5
Overall: There was a picture of Colonel Sanders with slanted eyes, that ‘bout sums it up.

Dinner- Nonexistent, I fell asleep around six that night and woke up at six the next morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Plane food normally sucks monkey butt...your experience proves that...or should I say chicken butt :) You're doing a great job being a foodie for us JP! Thanks so much!!