Friday, January 23, 2009

Final Food Frontiers... 20/21 January

Jan 20
Lunch- Getting back from a 3 hour and four mile hike with two other families and there strollers, all I wanted was to sit in the sauna. And build myself a formidable pb&j thick on the peanut butter, which I promptly did and washed it down with some warm water from the teapot.
Meal rating
Food: 8
Service: 10
Overall: Great food all served by tall goofy looking guy with a dry sense of humor, we had quite the enjoyable conversation (although he did seem to stare a lot).Poor dimwitted fool.

Dinner- I know that you don’t hear it much from me (though it’s a rather common event), so relish the moment as I say that I made a mistake. I had another McDs burger that tasted nasty, but it was late and my patience was thin. So I compensated myself by eating it on the beautiful pool deck.
Meal rating
Food: 3
Service: 5
Overall: Someday I’ll learn


Jan 21
Lunch- Options: Mcds or pb&j. Peanut butter jelly time.
Meal rating
Food: 8
Service: 10
Overall: Same great food, same great service, same goofy guy

Dinner- After being suggested that we dine at an Italian restaurant to eat buffet style. So we did and because I ate so many dishes I am just going to list them and make BOLD the ones that tasted especially good.
Grilled chicken
Mashed potatoes
A roll
Grouper fillet
Huge French fries
Minestrone soup
Salami
Gouda cheese
Another delicate cheese of some sort

Prosciutto and melon
More chicken cooked in some other form
Ox-tail soup
Pepper steak
Beef lasagna
Stuffed tomato w/ shrimp
Veal picatta
Funghi Ripieni

Grilled mussels
White cake w/ an amaretto whipped cream filling and strawberries on top
Flan
Mandarin Oranges

Meal rating
Food: 9
Service: 10 it was buffet style and my plate wasn’t empty until I was full
Overall: definitely the best western food I’ve had here and I am recommending it to the Lonely Planet travel guide


Jan 22

Lunch- The nice thing about have to boil the water to be able to drink it is that you always have hot water available to fill the noodle bowls. So I had that.
Meal rating
Food: 5
Service: 10
Overall: this guy is amazing

Dinner- We went back to the Italian place this time with friends from the travel group. Most dishes were the same but those that changed I tried. They consisted of cheese fritters, calamari fritti, sole fillet, grilled short rib, and whole steamed shrimp.
Meal rating
Food: 9
Service: 10
Overall: It was great to sit and talk with the other families and the restaurant turned out to be a great place to try new things

1 comment:

Faith and Rick said...

The shrimp eyeballs and feelers wig me out!!!