Friday, January 23, 2009

Cantonese cooking.. something we did not try, our final dinner in Guangzhou and a final treat...AMAZING FIND in the end!

I must warn you my readers... the first photo sequence may not sit well with you, but it was amazing to see here in Guangzhou. The second photo is our final dinner in Guangzhou, and a delectable treat is found at the end! ~ paul

This first set is a photo sequence from one of the store fronts. This crocodile was missing his tail by the time we saw him, but was none the less alive as the butcher went to work. I lost my appetite.










So basically you need to ask yourself, how authentic do you really want your Chinese food? I think Sunny's food at Dynasty Restaurant in Klamath Falls is just fine for me!


Our final night here was busy packing and getting ready to leave early in the morning. Room service provided a fantastic meal. Bacon Cheeseburgers, Fries, and Pepsi. We all enjoyed it and didn't have to bother leaving the room!



Great last meal and no pressure, or people staring at us!


BUT..... BEFORE YOU THINK I HAVE NOT HAD AN ENJOYABLE FOOD EXPERIENCE, I MUST SHARE WITH YOU THE DELICACY THAT WE DID FIND.

Being in the Air Force for the past 26 years, I had the joy of being stationed in Biloxi, where I met the Real Deal, the Desert of Champions.... MOON PIES! Not the dolly madison junk we get at home, or the walmart marshmallow pie, or jr. pies, what ever the imitators make and try to pass off as MOON PIES. But it did create a quandary in my mind. I love moon pies, and in a moment of weakness, I bought a box of chinese moon pies... and.... UNBELIEVABLE. I have to tell you, the southerners on our trip from Georgia and Florida agreed, these were MOON PIE works of art. Let me tell about it.

Make sure your comfortable and that you have a drool rag... these are unbelievable!

Ok, sure the package looks different... but you know what... they are FRESH


Now look at this , I mean seriously, click on the picture and make it bigger. Doesn't this have a great presentation... Oh, and the fresh chocolate smell, Hmmmm!

Delicate chocolate with a fresh cookie and an oohhhh sooo soft marshmellow core, like a sweet delicate cloud.... I can not tell a lie, I love to eat this moon pie!

No comments: