Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belated Food Update 17 & 18 January, travel day & first in Guangzhou

Jan 17
Breakfast-From now on unless I go way out of my normal range of grazing or something spectacular happens during the morning meal, I am discontinuing BREAKFAST from the blog.
Judgment: Final

Lunch- Well, lunch in the airport and on the plane. Not unusual. Before takeoff I dined at a noodle place where I had a noodle and beef soup and found out that they leave it up to you to eat it off the bones. The plane was airline food.
Meal ratings
Noodle Food: 5
Plane Food: 5
Noodle Service: 3

Dinner- McDs. What can I say tasted the same (not very good) but I was hungary.
Meal rating
Food: 4, desperate times call for despite measures
Service: 5, they have an English menu


Jan 18
Breakfast- I know that I’m not doing breakfast any more, but today I found out that the new hotel has a constant supply of French toast.
Meal rating
Food: 7
Service: 5

Lunch- I have a new acronym for DAD, Deliver and Delight. He got me an amazing surprise of white bread, Skippy peanut butter, and strawberry jelly from Switzerland.
Amazing! Just Amazing! Really.

Dinner – Tonight we went to a Japanese restaurant and had Tepenyaki. It was interesting to be eating Japanese, in a Chinese restaurant. The atmosphere was good. We sat around these big grills and they prepared and cooked our food in front of us. I had a interesting appetizer bowl with marinated small red beans, onions, Beef Short ribs, and fried rice. I sampled some of dad’s salad and his tempura vegetables, all in all the food was good and we enjoyed our time with the other families in our group.
Meal Rating
Food: 7
Service: 6

1 comment:

Steph said...

Jordan,

With the massive peanut butter recall in the US, enjoy your Skippy while can and bring that jar home for the rest of us to share!!!

Thank you for the laughs and helping us remember the memories from our trip last May. I know your time of food reviews is coming to and end soon :-).

We are still praying for continued safe travels in China, a safe trip home for you all and a smooth transition with Sophie and her new little sister!!! I hope she is more gracious about sharing your parent's attention then Lainey was when she met Lucas - LOL!!!

God Bless,
The Pollaras
Steph, Andy, Lainey & Lucas