Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Flight back to America

Well, the time has come to go home. We enjoyed our visit in China for the most part (excluding the hospital), gained some valuable things there, not in the least being A DAUGHTER, and spending TIME WITH JORDAN!

I know Paul thanked everyone for praying while he was sick. I would also like to say a huge thanks! It was a rough way to start a trip. As I rode the taxi back to the hotel at 3 am, leaving Paul at the hospital, I had a few words with God about what was next...did we come all this way NOT to pick up our little girl? I had a good cry once I was back in the hotel room (as Jordan can attest to), committed Paul and Amie, and ALL the uncertainty the next day held, to the Lord, and went to bed! Now, I don't really think prayer changes God's mind about tomorrow...no matter how much we cry or plead, or give him advice and why fors. But, in the talking and the pleading, I AM CHANGED! to not my will, but thine be done! for HIS GLORY!

The other valuable thing we got was a glimpse of what it feels like to be upheld in prayer by hundreds of people, we don't even know! What an encouragement! My faith is strengthened knowing we are connected to believers all over this world....and hopefully all those who prayed give all thanks and glory to God for the answers He gave.

Lastly, just as our trip to China was temporary...we could get comfortable in the hotel for a little, but soon long for home! this world is temporary! I can get comfortable in my house in Klamath Falls, but my life here is short and I long for the days ahead in Heaven!

With that said...here we go...home with a precious gift...praying she grows up to love the Lord and serve Him with her life!

Is this my play space?

Calling anyone...

Watching "Finding Nemo"

A tired girl...filling the time by eating!

Trying every which way to get comfortable!

Finally...asleep for an hour!


Closing in on home!

Familiar faces...never looked so good!

Auntie Rachel

Auntie Faith

Cousin Erin

Huh...a bus that's EMPTY! That's different!

No comments: