Well, here it is 6 am in China... I have been awake since midnight...hmmm. I could blame the jet lag, that is a legitimate gripe, but actually i think it is the 9 hours i slept before midnight that is the real culprit.
I spent our glorious first day in china... sick. Not sure if it is from food on the airplane, or just plane getting a flu bug. But, none the less.... i was wretching for about 6 hours off and on yesterday... soooo much fun. You know, I absolutely hate getting sick. Period. But I have found out that after my abdominal surgery... throwing up uses muscles I am not yet prepared to use. OUCH. So my advice. dont have gall bladder surgery and dont get sick in china!
It is saturday morning here. We are getting up and around and will be meeting the other families that are here in about an hour @ breakfast. Today we will be heading to Tienamen Sq/forbidden city/summer palace and a few stops along the way. We have seen these before but it will be great to see Jordan as he see it through new eyes.
Jordan of course is chronicling his food expereinces, so I will mostly leave that to him unless less of course, he slacks and does not write in the blog. So stay tuned for more of his foodions (food opinions).
We miss all of you at home and are praying for you guys. Sophie... you being a good girl for grandma? We trust the Lord has you all cared for in his best way and look forward to talking with you soon.
For those of you who are tech minded. download Skype and set up your account. My skype account is paul.lyman2009 we can chat over the internet or even use video chat. We had a great video call with Ty & Ana & isaac at 3:15 this morning...
That is it from me for now.. I hope you all have a great day! stand by for pictures at the end of our day!
1 comment:
Hey, bro... Are you OK Now? Here is my nurse nancy advice (literally) if you are not, you need to have it checked it out. It very well can be a bug, especially after those flights... But if not resolved could be something else- we are praying for you!!! Be sure and try to watch the fat content in the food. Email me if you need . I get the gmail on my phone. faith1rn@gmail.com
Post a Comment