Jan 14
Breakfast- So far I kept my breakfasts pretty consistent on our trip, partly because I like my morning food the way its been for the last 17 years. The other part is because when you go around tasting and eating foreign dish you have to be careful not to change everything on your stomach or it will revolt on you. But as I have been keeping my morning diet pretty much the same I have roped in another favorite to the crack of dawn menu. ……………………………………………………..(that signifies a drum roll)
CONGEE
Yes that’s right, rice congee. I would compare it to American oatmeal, a very versatile dish that in my opinion you can have any time of the day. It is extremely customizable with almost everything tasting good with it. This particular morning I decided to have mine with, what I took to be spiced garbanzo beans with a little bit of zing to them.
Meal rating
Food: 6
Service: 5
Overall: the same ol’ same ol’ stuff
Lunch- We skipped it.
Dinner- After a 10-15 minute taxi ride we showed up to the long awaited Peter’s Tex-Mex texas restaurant. One habit that I have had for a long time is BLTs. If I have not been recommended something that is good at a particular restaurant, or if I can’t decide then I find myself returning to my quest to find the perfect BLT. This was not it. Not to say that it wasn’t good, (the bread had an almost perfect crunch to it but was a little on the thin side while the tomatoes just weren’t like those in the States that night, the bacon was excellent) In fact it cracked the top ten. But it still must bow out to the best I’ve had so far, at the Roadhouse I think it’s called, the place with lots of peanuts. This was still a very fulfilling dinner though.
Meal rating
Food: 7
Service: 6
Overall: Great place with fun atmosphere (but I’m still chasing that elusive golden BLT)
1 comment:
I had a pretty darn good BLT at Chadwicks in Medford JP...you should check it out! But besides that, what are you doing at a Tex-Mex restaurant in China?!
Post a Comment