By the way, while you at home are enjoying your Friday evening... This is Saturday afternoon. Iknow the post time shows your date/time, just dont want you to be confused!!
Well, as we spend more time here in China, we are finding more similarities between life here and elsewhere in the industrialized world. We arrived at the airport about 11:15 for a 2 pm flight. Getting through security, tickets, etc... we are in the C concourse, now waiting for what is next. It is our flight, or should be our flight.
They have a very nice airport here, everything just like home except the food court...the language of the announcements and what everything says on the printed materials. Normally on the cover, there is a teaser in English, just to get you to pick it up, then....NOPE, all Chinese inside. Well, that's not entirely true. As I sit here, I can look over my shoulder and see the flight status board. Currently it says that China Air Flt 4301 to Guangzhou is DELAYED! Who would have thought we would get to spend more time in the airport with an overtired toddler, no good food, and no comfortable place to sit!! Such is the life of a world traveler. Across the way is a vendor that has the big mechanical massage chairs like they show in the sharper image catalog. Only $10 yuan for 15 minutes. That is about $1.28. That has my interest. I think for about $3.50, I could spend the next hour in the chair.
It is times like this, periods of boredom, that I think back to my mistaken purchase of 2 gallons of Rice wine the other day.... hmmm massage chair, rice wine... maybe that is a good combination. Honestly though I would just settle for ANY TYPE of fast food, and something to drink. Let me clarify, any type of our kind of fast food!
Beth and Amie are across the isle, Amie is crawling, climbing, pulling the Barrett's out of her hair, mom says no, puts them back... 20 seconds later, it starts over again. I am wondering not only about the trip on the plane to Guangzhou for 2 hours.. what about the 3 hours to Tokyo, the 2 hour layover, then the 9 hours to Portland. What in the world are we going to do. Sophie was younger, slept more, and played quietly on the floor. Amie is not from the same traveling cloth. I guess i will spend time in prayer for us, for Amie and for the others on the airplane that they all pass out. I for see angry seat mates!!!!!
Well, I am going to close this for now. Maybe add more later, I just need to occupy my mind.
Ciao folks.
1 comment:
I seem to remember a comment, dear brother, the night before you left for China. I was asking how you were going to occupy AJ on the flight home... You answered, no problem- she will just sit on our laps and play and sleep. Hmmm... Seems God has blessed you with a little energy ball! We'll pray your statement comes to pass....
Post a Comment