We had thought we would be leaving Friday...but no such luck. In our hotel room way too much...we finally took to the streets. We walked about a mile through the shopping district, which we were smack dab in the middle of. So much American influence, in ALL the advertising and fashions. Hard to judge what the people of Chengdu thought of us...A lot of staring going on. One university student came up and practiced his English with us. We ended up in Starbucks, across from our hotel and spent an hour or so people watching on the streets below. Very interesting. Wish I could capture some better...but not sure how they feel about us snapping pictures of them, so I did the best I could from the Starbucks window. Fascinating and intriguing! The differences in young and old, rich and poor!

Jordan...taking the girls shopping...they are easy to buy for...

Main shopping district

In the heart of the shopping district, down a little side street, we ran into the YMCA/YWCA...was a beautiful building, that I THOUGHT Paul got a picture of.

Hey Travis...thinking of you, buddy!

You can't just sit in Starbucks without eating and drinking!

Our people watching perch

Hey...where'd he get that sweatshirt?

I think she is very distinguished! Old style...very common dress.

A monk...we saw several

Another older woman...

Very bundled baby!

Playing/selling his "goard" instrument. This reminded me of Jordan Lindsey(Ana's brother)....very talented on instruments!

View from our hotel front
3 comments:
I doesn't look like the China of Pearl Buck! Thanks for the candid shots. I feel the same way about taking pictures in some of the places we go here in the states. And I know Jodi felt it in Ethiopia.
Is that the pollution? Reminds me of how Mexico City looks.
JP! Leave the girls alone... :)
Post a Comment