Breakfast
Once again, we are at the buffet here in the hotel. Not much change except the cook staff at the egg station was different today. I am weary of runny omelets or puddled scrambled eggs. But overall, we had a great selection of fruits, rolls, breads, eggs to order, Congiee, and several Chinese dishes. Nothing to rate, you know the drill on this one.
Lunch
Jordan and I embarked on a walkabout to find local food off the path. We walked about 49 blocks this afternoon...WOW, wore this old man out. The first food of interest today was a street vendor biking his way down the road. He was selling flat bread. I gave Jordan cash and he took off running down the road to catch him. When I finally caught up, I was able to snap a picture of JP doing the transaction from afar.
The bread is a type of Sesame bread that is rolled flat, round and then the edges rolled up,(that is the chewy best part). I gave JP 6 yuan, thinking he would get one, he help up the cash, got 3. We munched on this as we walked the main city square. Ended up only eating 2 of the three. VERY GOOD STUFF! For a roadside, I would definitely rate this morsel at least a 6.
About an hour and 25 blocks later, as JP and I were walking down the street, we came to a corner where the street vendors congregated. JP said, "well, might as well". At this point we stopped at a little guys cart. He wa bbqqing the SOS over a little LP gas fire basting it with sauce. It looked cooked through, so Jordan told him he wanted 1, and then the guy turned up the flame while he set the kabob stick into a pan filled with hot spicy oil and was floating with cayenne pepper.
By the time we got back to the hotel, JP was done in. The street food had taken its toll on the young man and he retired to bed at 6pm. Beth, AJ, and I went to the hotel restaurant for a buffet and when we returned, he was still sacked out. At the time I am writing this, it is 0548 on Saturday morning... he is still out
1 comment:
Haha, JP....do you know what it is you ate that made you sick? was it just spicy or what?
I miss you little brother, and can't wait to see you!
Love ya!
Lindsey Kae
Post a Comment