Jan 19
Breakfast- Monotony wonderful monotony
Meal rating
Food: 6
Service: 5
Overall: You know the drill
Lunch- Wandering around Shaymien Island made me hungry, so I wandered right into a nice little place called Subway. Wasn’t a whole lot of restaurants to chose from (not even any street venders) so I thought “whatever”. I ordered an toasted Italian BMT with double cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Wierd thing is, it was just like America. The food tasted the same, the service was the same, it was wierd.
Meal rating
Food: 6
Service: 5 (language definitely a problem as I had to pick off some unwanted pickles so given that it was average)
Overall: Good, very American
Dinner- After walking down the street a ways and not finding any restaurants we decided to eat in one of the hotel places (there is about 4). Following a small wait we got seated in a corner of the nonsmoking area and asked to order a la carte (forgive my spelling and correct if you want). To please you all I ordered a small bowl of steamed rice, hot black tea, and (ERNEST THIS IS FOR YOU) Japanese style BBQed eel. It was great. They marinated it in what I took to be a type of sweet and sour sauce and grilled it on skewers skin and all. The eel was tender with a very similar texture to fish
Proof I ate it all.
The steamed rice was hot, but disappointingly dry. If I dine there again I seriously plan to TRY to eat a whole serving of jellyfish and scallops. We’ll see if the texture is just too much.
Meal rating
Food: 7
Service: 0.5 Maybe my dad will explain, I am debating whether it really needs to be spoken about or not since it is not uplifting or nice. Lets just say that it was really bad and the only reason they didn't get negative point was because they refilled the tea a lot.
Overall: Good food but that darned service ruined the whole thing
2 comments:
You can eat jellyfish?? Do it JP!! :D Hmm, it might be that I've watched Finding Nemo one too many times with Isaac this passed week, but jellyfish fascinate me.
Well now I'm really curious about the service. I know I've heard we're spoiled in the US far, far more than we know, but do tell! Or ... e-mail me.
Post a Comment